'Zeeva' Walnut and Steel Desk or Dining Table
'Zeeva' Walnut and Steel Desk or Dining Table
Available for custom orders only - Exact piece not available. Sizes, pricing and lead times will vary. Please contact us prior to purchase to discuss custom order details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
S U M M A R Y //
This is a custom-designed desk modeled after our original leaved 'Zeeva' dining table. For this desk version, we've used black walnut paired with an exposed, flush steel frame. The main wooden sections are secured to the frame using 5/16-18 threaded inserts, and stainless steel hardware.
We milled and joined each piece, very purposefully placing each component where we felt would be most aesthetically pleasing. We utilized pieces that had interesting grain patterns that would flow together symbiotically.
S H I P P I N G & D E L I V E R Y //
Please send zip code for an accurate carrier quote.
D I M E N S I O N S //
The legs in the example photos have an upgraded black magic patina finish, but please note that the option is an upgrade and not included in standard pricing. Finish upgrade options are listed below the dimension options.
If you don't see your preferred dimensions below, please let us know and we can outline a custom quote for you.
X S M A L L / S Q U A R E | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 36"L x 36"W | $1595
S M A L L / S Q U A R E | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 48"L x 48"W | $2195
S M A L L | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 48" - 52"L x 24" - 28"W | $1695
SMALL WIDE | 48" - 52"L x 30" - 36"W | $1995
S M L / M E D | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 54" - 58"L x 24" - 28"W | $1845
SML/MED WIDE | 54" - 58"L x 30" - 36"W | $2145
M E D I U M | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 60" - 64"L x 24" - 28"W | $1995
MEDIUM WIDE | 60" - 64"L x 30" - 36"W | $2295
M E D / L R G | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 66" - 70"L x 28" - 32"W | $2195
MED/LARGE WIDE | 66" - 70"L x 34" - 40"W | $2495
L A R G E | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 72" - 76"L x 28" - 32"W | $2395
LARGE WIDE | 72" - 78"L x 34" - 40"W | $2695
L R G / X L G | | 1x3" steel | 1" wood thickness | 78" - 82"L x 32" - 36"W | $2695
LRG/XLG WIDE | 78" - 82"L x 38" - 42"W | $2995
X L A R G E | 1.5x3" steel | 1.5" wood thickness | 84" - 88"L x 32" - 36"W | $3095
XLARGE WIDE | 84" - 88"L x 38" - 42"W | $3395
X X L A R G E | 1.5x3" steel | 1.5" wood thickness | 90" - 96"L x 36" - 42"W | $3395
XXLARGE WIDE | 90" - 96"L x 44" - 48"W | $3695
CUSTOM SIZES ALSO AVAILABLE, PLEASE INQUIRE FOR PRICING
F I N I S H O P T I O N S O N S T E E L //
1. STANDARD CARNAUBA WAX FINISH | This will allow the color of the steel to remain natural and bright. The steel is ground and polished, followed by several applications of carnauba wax. We will supply you with application instructions and a small wax tin that should last about 5-10 years. Application is simple, rubbing a modest amount on, allowing it to dry, and then rubbing off the excess. 2 applications every few years for maximum effect. Not recommended for humid or coastal climates.
COST | +$0 (included)
2. CLEAR COAT FINISH | This will preserve the natural color of the steel, but will protect it from staining and rusting and requires no upkeep. The steel is ground and polished and will remain natural and bright.
UPGRADE COST | starting at +$145 - $295
3. BLACK MAGIC PATINA FINISH + CLEAR COAT | This finish is going to give off a more industrial look, bringing the color of the legs to a deeper/darker grey. Several hand-rubbed coats are applied to the steel legs, allowing drying times between and repeating the application several times until the desired color is reached. This process combines the patina and clear coat for maintenance-free durability.
UPGRADE COST | starting at +$195 - $345
4. POWDER-COAT FINISH | Powder-coating would allow us to achieve just about any color, matte or glossy. If you are unfamiliar with powder-coating, it is a free-flowing dry powder that is applied electrostatically and is then cured under heat to allow it to form a hard finish that it tougher than conventional paint. It's used mainly for coating auto parts, bike parts and outdoor furniture which require super durable and water resistant finishes. Colors are limitless, but typically our clients prefer a simple black powder-coat. We can arrange to have the legs professionally powder-coated by a pro steel shop in our neighborhood, who charges accordingly for different dimensions.
UPGRADE COST | starting at +$225 - $445
C H O O S I N G T H E R I G H T S I Z E //
For use as a dining or kitchen table, bar or conference table: If you are unsure of the exact dimensions your needs require, consider the following basic guidelines:
- Provide each guest 24-30 inches of space at the dining table (chairs range from apprx 16-20" and require at least 6" of space on each side to allow guests to seat comfortably)
- Add an extra 12 inches at each end for those seated at the head and foot of the table
- Allow for at least 36 inches between the dining table and any walls or other furniture